Celebrate what you want to see more of. – Tom Peters
I recently emerged from my studying cocoon and can get back to my writing, I cannot wait and have already started on my next post which is going to be my first Book Review. I also have another post that has been waiting in my Drafts folder since Easter but am trying to find a photo from years ago in our albums to include but since we have moved a bit recently it is still packed away in a box and I refuse to publish the post without that pic.
Anyway, I logged into my WordPress Dashboard for the first time in a while today and noticed there was a lot of traffic being referred from the blog The Food Yogi (I love her blog’s name as I am big fan myself of both food and yoga!). I enjoy reading this blog as it focuses on everything I feel is important: nutrition, food, yoga, meditation, overall fitness and wellness. I had a look at the post from which people were clicking through to my blog and was pleasantly surprised that she kindly nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award.
The rules of this award are as follows:
- Share who gave it to you and link back to their blog.
- Write down seven random facts about yourself.
- Give this award to 15 other bloggers.
- Let them know they’ve won.
- Pop the award on your blog.
7 Random Facts About Myself:
- I am not a fan of sweets – only sour jelly beans and chocolate.
- People and places are my inspiration!
- I am not musically gifted but can play the piano, guitar, recorder (not too sure if that even counts) and the cello. My music lessons are the one place where my brain switches off as I have to concentrate on reading the music and finding the notes on my cello. I love it but don’t expect me to play in front of an audience 🙂
- I am a resident in the most beautiful country in the world, South Africa, thank you French Huguenots.
- I am very grateful my ma had the good sense to not give me my gran’s name as she should have according to the Afrikaans tradition. I would have been knows as Gertruida Dorothea Susanna, translated into English as Gertrude Dorothy Susan! I love my family and my gran but think some things are better left in the past 😉
- I devour books and so quickly too. I always re-read my favourites and will soon be sharing them with you.
- I would LOVE to be a journalist. Travelling to poverty-stricken countries in Africa, South America, India, Asia, the Middle East… and learning about how the people cope with their hardships, their day to day lives, the underground economy/black market and just maybe reporting one small thing that changes at least one person’s life. During my third year I had big dreams of finishing my Honours and then Masters in Economics and writing my thesis on the Economics of the Underground and incorporating Behavioural Finance along with that. I even had the title planned. I can attribute my inspiration for this to a book I read in high-school by Jim Rogers called “Investment Biker: On the Road with Jim Rogers”. I will expand on this book at a later stage as I think it deserves a Book Review too.
15 of the lovely blogs that I follow and award: (in alphabetical order)
- Art of Thought and Imagination
- Cupcakes and Cashmere
- Dan Ariely
- Dion Chang – Alien Adventures
- Drizzle and Dip
- Heather and Fred’s Excellent Adventure
- Indie Berries
- Meat and Potatoes of Life
- Mommy Man – Adventures of Gay Superdad
- Rich Rayson
- Style Sprite
- The Pretty Blog
- Travel Destination Bucketlist